Cotswolds mini Bash - 14th July

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With permission I was considering taking my video camera along. We can then put some snippets up on youtube (never done it yet but can't be that difficult).

Dave

Oooooo! camera!

I don't have a problem with piccies Dave (would like a copy though) but it'll be up to individual choice whether they want to star in your movie :lol:

davejester":11bfl0ya said:
With permission I was considering taking my video camera along. We can then put some snippets up on youtube (never done it yet but can't be that difficult).

Dave

Save me trying to juggle mine whilst trying to find something interesting for everyone.

You could take pictures of Chas & Graham as an example of good practice and then me as example of bad. No problem with me as long as you get my good side (from the bottom, before Old soke says it :lol: )

Pete

Bodrighy":1zidvt96 said:
You could take pictures of Chas as an example of good practice ...snip..Pete

I think that would be more by luck than judgment, although I suppose I will be trying to engage brain more often than usual on the day. :lol:

Update:

Chris (Ratwood) has kindly volunteered to bring along his lathe and will be making pens and flowers on the day

( I visited Chas this week... anyone intending to use a sat nav... beware! The blessed thing took me down some roads that make Devon byways seem like runways :lol: Chas is a much better source for directions :wink: )

Time's getting on .... less than 2 weeks to the grand day :lol:

Signed up so far:
Bodrighy (o/n Sat)
PaulJ (o/n Fri/Sat)
Davejester
Ratwood
Gill
Bobscarle
plus our generous host Chas and yours truly (o/n Fri/Sat)
.... o/n = staying overnight

Chas will be putting directions etc on his website with a link from here
......if you cannot make it for any reason please let Chas knoe direct via a pm

...there's still room for a few more, if you'd like to attend just let Chas know direct...

See you all on the day...

Hopefully Chisel will be joining the circus.

PM's sent with direction map links and address.

Cheers Chas.... with a bit of luck I won't end up down in the valley this time :lol:

Is anybody interested in having a bit of a timber swap at the bash? I'm trying to get some variation into my collection. I've got varying sizes of ash, oak, sycamore, boxwood, cedar...and probably some other stuff.

Let me know and I'll hunt through my stock.

Cheers,

Dave

Don't know what I have to offer but I'll bring some along and see if it is of any use to anyone. Won't be much mind, can't get too much in a Punto

Pete

Well the bulk of this lot of Iroko offcutsis looking for a home, not as useful as it looks as most pieces have a close fitting T&G joint running the length but still some useful pieces.

Oak sounds good, I don't have any significant stocks of that, I have some pieces of Drying Yew, Cherry and coloured Ash that might be spared to a good home.

I'll have a dig around me woodpile ...

If you have any close grained bits in your scrap box bring them along (min size 40mm x 7mm suqre or round)

If anyone is interested in Chestnuts Food Safe finishing oil
http://www.chestnutproducts.co.uk/results.asp?cat=Oils
I have 3 x 500ml at a bargain price of £6 each,
also some wax sticks
http://www.chestnutproducts.co.uk/results.asp?cat=Waxes
at £2 each....
also some Briwax Shellac sealer at a give-away £3 each

these items are only available on the day at Chas'

If anyone is interested in Chestnuts Food Safe finishing oil

What? I only went and bought a bottle last night for £8.

That will teach me for not asking first,

Dave

BTW. what time on Saturday?

Hold onto some of that sealer and food safe Graham. I was just about to order some so I'll have a few off you on Saturday if that's OK

Pete

Back