Costs of 3D printing?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DBT85":1ju9uol7 said:
Can I ask why you changed it to 0.3 in the first place? I assume just for print speed. My nozzle is only 0.4 so I guess 0.2 is basically where I'll stay unless I get a larger tor smaller nozzle.

I thought I might have gotten away with a thicker layer height. It reduced the time by 1/3. But ended up me printing it twice...

For things like my INCA extractor: ultimate-inca-bandsaw-dust-collection-t114693.html

The parts all pretty much have vertical walls so I can get away with printing at a thicker layer height without sacrificing to much quality and reducing time by 1/3.

SkinnyB":35pm55u7 said:
DBT85":35pm55u7 said:
Can I ask why you changed it to 0.3 in the first place? I assume just for print speed. My nozzle is only 0.4 so I guess 0.2 is basically where I'll stay unless I get a larger tor smaller nozzle.

I thought I might have gotten away with a thicker layer height. It reduced the time by 1/3. But ended up me printing it twice...

For things like my INCA extractor: ultimate-inca-bandsaw-dust-collection-t114693.html

The parts all pretty much have vertical walls so I can get away with printing at a thicker layer height without sacrificing to much quality and reducing time by 1/3.
Is that with a larger nozzle as well though or just a 0.4 like what came in mine?

Back