Corner routing jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadhead66

Established Member
Reaction score
Searching for a jig design to round off the corners of various boards. I wish to reference off two edges and do not want to mark the center.
I currently rout off a template with a following bit and double sided tape. Is there a budding "Niki" out there who has cracked this please? ](*,)

woodpecker made a jig to do this, but it sounds like an aluminium version of what you are using.

The only improvements I can think of over what you have are:

1. Make the template oversize so strips can be added to butt against the board sides.
2. Make the template large enough to permit clamps instead of tape for affixing

I'm waiting on a set of these (http://www.amazon.com/a different place-3650-Ou ... B006GEQ2BK) coming back from the States. Similar to the Woodpecker ones but just a tad cheaper.

That's dashed clever! I'd been thinking about something involving a sharp corner and guide bushings - as the guide bushing travels around the sharp corner you get a circular path, but you have to work out the guide bush radius vs the cutter radius, and you'd be somewhat restricted on both. That ply template maker is brilliant, particularly as the templates aren't expensive so an oopsie isn't too painful.

marcros":1m6v6wnx said:
woodpecker made a jig to do this, but it sounds like an aluminium version of what you are using.

Woodpecker make some great accessories, as do Incra and Veritas, our North American cousins are spoiled rotten. Shame a country once famed for it's engineering doesn't seem to have anyone producing items of this nature and quality.

RickN":39g8gx9y said:
I was pondering the same issue , and i stumbled across this on the "green and grey page" this young lad is quite talented https://youtu.be/F2J0sy9ktCc
Fantastic idea. When I get the time I may just copy that.

Nice little tool he has too for measuring. The one he uses as opposed to a Square., wonder what it's called.

And, just an observation here. He's saving money making his own jigs, which I think is excellent. Yet he has plenty of festool tools? Just seemed a little strange.

But well done that man, excellent jig for making a jig.

Edit : just found out the bit he was using is an incra t-rule
http://www.incra.com/measuring_marking-trules.html

And way too pricey for my pocket. :)

Sporky McGuffin":iwbrlvla said:
I have the 300mm precision rule (with the t-end) and given how much use I've had of it I'd say it's a bargain.
Good point. Perhaps I'll ask Santa for one. :ho2

Monkey Mark":3juijfsx said:
And, just an observation here. He's saving money making his own jigs, which I think is excellent. Yet he has plenty of festool tools? Just seemed a little strange.

Maybe that's why he needs to save money! It's either own Festool tools, make own jigs and still be able to eat, or...

I suspect he's sponsored by Festool and doesn't pay for his tools. He's demoing that template making device so he can show off the Festool tools which is why they provide them

I've seen some of his earlier videos where he didn't have those tools. He seems to be fairly decent with media and he got a good bit of publicity through Steve Ramsey so I'm wondering if he's managed to get them as part of a sponsorship? Either way, good on him!

EDIT: Beaton to it (hammer)

Back