Cordless Drill Recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sxlalan":1xaslzkf said:
The drill will be used for general DIY around the house.

ok - I might have got it wrong with my post about my 24v Direct power driver for £35 being all I need (and I use it a lot ! )

so maybe you could expand on the above quote !

I mean - DIY around the house, I took to mean putting up the odd shelf or hanging a picture. Maybe fixing a fence panel ....

Am I the only one that thinks you dont need a pro/site quality drill-driver for 'DIY' stuff ???

I have a Bosch 12V cordless drill and I must have had it for 7+ years now. It was fairly cheap to buy (around £50 or less) and in terms of value for money it's probably the best tool I've ever bought. I use it regularly for light trade and diy jobs and apart from some cosmetic wear it's still as good as new. I was working with a friend recently screwing a lot of plasterboard up and the battery lasted most of the day whereas my friends £200+ Hitachi cordless went through two batteries doing the same amount of work. I'm not saying it's the best drill around, but for DIY use it's more than adequate.

Richard.

another option to consider if it will be used more often as a screwdriver rather than drill is the excellent compact bosch Li-Ion screwdriver (around about £90). You feel the weight of a normal drill most when screwdriving. If looking a the bosch or similar, get the one with the quick change bit holder.

my favoruite drill and still going is the dewalt 7.2v - has the power for drilling and screwdriving and isnice and light.

Tusses":w782silv said:
Am I the only one that thinks you dont need a pro/site quality drill-driver for 'DIY' stuff ???

you are right - you dont need it - but remember the old adage buy cheap buy twice . If he buys a performance power bog standard for 15-20 notes its likely life span will only be a year or so (assuming he uses it for a fair bit of general diy) - do that a few times and it would have been cheaper to get a dewalt pro spec for 80 notes - not to mention the inconvenience as the breakdowns always seem to happen just when you need the tool most , when the shops are shut ;)

One cordless drill is not enough.

A DIYer is going to want to drill holes in walls, drill holes in wood, and drive screws - in all probability at the same time!

I would shop around for a couple of these

DeWalt.jpg

You should be able to pick them up for about £60.00 each. I've just bought 3 for £120.00! They each come with 2 batteries, a charger, and a case.

With the change from your £170.00 buy a cheap corded hammer drill - the B&Q own brand ones are absolutely fine.

You'll now be well set up!

Cheers
Dan

Spill the beans Dan, where do you get 3 of them for £120-00?

Latest posts

Back