Corded Jigsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnwc812

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I require a new corded jigsaw to cut some fence panels.
£25 - £45 i.e The DIY end of the market!
There is a bewildering range.
Any recommendations.
Cheers
John

With a budget of 25-45 quid I would just get something as cheap as you can with a 3 year warranty and ideally that takes standard blades. If it is likely to see regular use buy something better seondhand but a lidl or aldi special will do for odd little jobs and if it breaks they will refund you.

marcros":ousrqk5g said:
With a budget of 25-45 quid I would just get something as cheap as you can with a 3 year warranty and ideally that takes standard blades. If it is likely to see regular use buy something better seondhand but a lidl or aldi special will do for odd little jobs and if it breaks they will refund you.

I'm not sure that I agree with you there. Cheap jigsaws are notorious for cutting out of square as the blade holding mechanisms are generally of woeful quality. I struggled with several sub-£50 jigsaws before giving up and paying almost three times as much on a good Bosch and the difference is night and day.

Personally, if I was in the chap's position I would look for a second hand professional jigsaw, as suggested by Busy Builder. However, bear in mind a lot of used tools are ex-tradesmen's, so are 110V. If he's thinking about buying more powertools in the future it could even be worth investing in a £50 site transformer so he can tap into the abundance of used professional tools for sale on eBay, as well as local free ads and sites such as Cash Converters.

I'm unable to provide links at the moment, but I hope this will give him some ideas.

Mark

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Depends on the intended use I guess - fence panels isn't that arduous and if out of square it probably won't matter. I hear what you are saying though.

But then he goes on to cut a kitchen worktop with it, as my less experienced self tried once... the jigsaw's plastic gears melted!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

How about a cheap hardpoint hand saw, fence panels aren't that thick or difficult to cut.

Pete

Back