Coping Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick W

Established Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think the time has come for me to upgrade my coping saw (my current one has suffered an accident :oops: )

Any recommendations/ones to avoid?

Don't suppose MikeW makes coping saws does he? :(

Nick

Well, if nobody else will venture a reply, I'll have a go.

I'm showing my age but ... can you still get Eclipse or Bahco? If you can, go for one of those. If not, get an own brand from one of the DIY sheds or Axminster. A coping saw is a cheap little tool but one you absoutely, positively must have.

Regards.

Yup, bahco still make them, I bought one the other day. To be honest, the blade's the thing, by and large the frame, as long as its reasonably sound matters less. But then, even a bahco is only around a tenner.

Personally I found the Bahco one awful - you're welcome to it, Nick, if you think you'll get on better with it. BB gave me an old Eclipse one, 'cos they just don't seem to turn up round here, and it's much, much better. Whether the same applies to a new Eclipse, I cannot say. What gets to me is the seating between the handle and the frame - the Bahco just seems so wooly and wobbly to me.

Cheers, Alf

as the yanks say, given my druthers i'd buy an old eclipse with the split and moveable frame. however you can't have mine i do still use it.

however i do have in some "old stock" :-k that i picked up, what appears to be a spanish one of the WUTO brand. never tried it, but it is brand new in the tatty stock package. they claimed to be a 40 year old company but that was probably 10 years ago, and have not checked whether they still exist.

yours for the postage and packing i would think.
pm me
:twisted:
paul :wink:

Back