Cookery corner: marmalade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, we just went through four days of that. Day one; the old man doing marmalade (marmalade slicer used in most galootish manner). Day two; Mum's turn to make seville jelly (hand cut peel for decorative effect). Day three; back to the old man and marmalade. Day four; I'd lost the will to live, you couldn't stand still for more than 20 seconds in the kitchen without sticking to the floor and I believe collaborative marmalade was made. Collaborative meaning there were arguments... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Mr G, I do have to agree with you on this one...home brewed marmalade is the dogs whiskers. I keep on looking round the supermarkets for a decent one, I've got the JS thick cut organic at the mo' which isn't too bad but I good pot of tangy homemade marmalade, 'specially in a sarni at work takes some beating - Rob

woodbloke":vr0jcqit said:
I've got the JS thick cut organic at the mo' which isn't too bad

I rarely eat the stuff, even though I really like it when I do, and although I consider myself to be adventurous in the kitchen, I've never made any. My friend Mary does, and we always get a jar or two. It's usually drinkable (I hope she isn't a secret lurker here).

My favourite is Frank Cooper's Vintage Thick Cut (I think that's what it's called - there are several in the range). It makes a nice change from Bovril on toast for breakfast.

Latest posts

Back