Cooker light - stuck!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
knowing the way the govt works( :? )
it seems that they right the laws, then find out what
actually happens, and then amend things
to cover ther a**es, but then i am a cynical old b**st**d :twisted:

paul :wink:

Thanks for the ideas guys

Damn thing is still stuck! The oven has a self-cleaning function that's regularly used. It doesn't look greasy at all around the lamp fitting but oven cleaner doesn't seem to have done anything.

It's deffo screw rather than clip in. The manual says there's a seal between the glass and the holder so I guess that's the problem. I'll try the hot air gun next

Cheers

On my Siemens oven it looks like it's screwed in from inside the oven, but after struggling for 30 minutes I called Siemens they told me to slide the whole oven out of it's cupbaod (built in one) and you can access the bulb from the top!

?

The manual definitely says unscrew Andy. It even has a picture. I'll pull the unit out and look though. Cheers

There are 4 ribs on the outside of the glass moulding so I've actaully had water pump pliers on it (over a rag) and the thing isn't showing the slightest hint of moving

Ho hum! :cry:

so scott do you think maybe the glass unit rotates, or is there a
screw within it that you cannot find??

obviously, the rubber seal has petrified and that is what seems to be
the thing that is causing the problems.

paul :wink:

Paul

The pic in the manual shows the glass cover unscrewing from the lamp holder ... or not, in my case!

Dave R":1gij231w said:
Might be easier to buy your bride a new cooker

Ho ho ho! :lol: That one had me chuckling Dave!

I'd gladly buy her a new one if I thought she'd ever use it but, alas, 'tis not to be!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott (chef de cuisine ... amongst other things!)

Scott,

I suppose the nuclear option would be to get yourself a new glass and seal, and give the stuck one a tap with a hammer to break it - the bits should come out OK then.

Best keep that one up your sleeve until all other avenues have been explored though eh?

Gary

prawnking":g3ohom6d said:
is it gas or electric
as to the person who is changing the oven thermostat i hope its not gas as you r contraveening gas safety regs if it is so.
Sorry, never thought about gas cookers - we only have (fluctuating voltage) mains electricity in the wilds around Milton Keynes.
And it is a freestanding cooker, which I assume means that it is not subject to the dreaded Part P!
So can anyone now tell me what is a non-acceptable accuracy for the thermostat?

Latest posts

Back