Computer help wanted.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
When I plugged my camera into the USB port to download my photo's a screen appeared which said " Removeable disc (F)" and I was then able to choose what to do with the pictures. Print the pictures- Copy to a folder- Transfer pictures-Open files etc. etc. The wizard then took me through the operation.

However this has disappeared. I can still download the photo's by going to My computer/removeable disc (F) and open a folder that way, but would prefer the other method.

I went to Google and asked "Auto play menu not coming up when plugging into USB" and was directed to do the following.

1. Open your run box Start/Run and type in "regedit" and click OK
2.Go to HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/windows/current Version/Polices/explorer.
3.You should see a key called NoDriveTypeAutoRun Double click it and set the value Date to 91 (hexadecimal)
4. Restart your computer and it should be fixed.

I did as directed and sure enough the required screen appeared.(I was really chuffed with myself)

I downloaded the photo's and closed down the computer.

I later went back to make sure everything was still OK but it's gone missing again.

Went through the procedure again but this time it does not work.

Can anyone help. In very simple terms as I am not very computer literate. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Alan.

You could try this and see if it solves the problem (hope you have not changed anything else in the registry :D )

1. Open my computer and Right click on the drive letter that is created by your camera
2. Select Properties
3. Go to AutoPlay tab
4. Select “Prompt me each time to choose an action” and click OK.

This should bring up the autoplay screen each time you plug in your camera - at least while the computer is turned on.

If this option does not remain on when system reboot then you will need to look at other methods. Microsoft have created a fix
for this type of problem which may help. Read this article and follow the link to download the fix. MS Autoplay FIx

Hope this of some help

Cheers :D
Tony

Hello Tony, Thank you for that info. Have tried it. It doesn't bring up the page that I had before but it does bring up the wizard which is what I would have clicked on to after the page was displayed.

Thanks again Alan :D :D :D :D

Back