New laptop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought a new laptop, 4hrs to set up everything ......................... I am a computer god.
Previous record was 2 weeks with help.
I had literally hung on for months with the old battle damaged warrior, taped together with T rex tape, case craked in a at least half a dozen places, cracked screen, disc drive ejected itself completely out, one usb blocked with superglue by accident, fan whirring like a banshee, laptop telling me it wasn't happy operating with a dodgy fan, last straw was dropping it in a puddle where it skimmed across like a wake board, this causes white areas to appear on screen, the dredded day had come, but I now officially class myself as a wizard.
(I have been backing up to external source ).:)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-AC...t=&hvlocphy=1006577&hvtargid=pla-814583754920
I bought one of these in the end Bob. £200 runs windows 10. Plays videos. Does the tinternet. Not powerful enough to run my old bitdefender security program. lol. It works ok.

fzmWGLE.jpg

Not so sure about God, sounds more like Bob the destroyer. :)
My mate was a BT engineer and the laptops they were given were built like tanks but even they didn't much like being dropped from the top of a ladder, maybe that's what you need..

Bob needs a Panasonic Toughbook. I remember when they were trying to sell them to the MOD, I had to go to a demonstration and at the start the Panasonic chap hurled the laptop out the window as we came in and got one of us to go get it. Then once retrieved turned it on and gave us a powerpoint presentation. The boss put in an LPO for 2000

edit typo

Last edited:
My first laptop was a toughbook I think, really expensive. I'm a tight pipper these days.

@Lons, I know what you mean mate. We gave some to the Reme and had one returned 15 mins later, some articifer had shut the screen on his spanner :oops:

Back