Compound Cut Christmas Bauble Patterns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been playing with my new CorelDraw Essentials program :) and produced some compound cut Christmas bauble patterns. These are hot off the press and completely untested, so there are no guarantees! I am confident they will be satisfactory, although the patterns on the mid-right and lower-right might be a bit too fragile.

I shall try to cut them myself later but I doubt I'll get much of a chance before the weekend. If anyone else has a go, do let us know how you get on. I hope to produce a few more designs over the coming weeks and upload a few more patterns, so feedback would be helpful.

If you have never compound cut before, there are a few notes for beginners here. The patterns I have designed should be fairly similar to the one in that thread.

they look very nice mate! =D> i've taken a copy thanks, and thanks for sharing them with us as well! i'll give them a go when i pluck up the courage to have a go at compound cuts for the 2nd time (1st was a disaster, enough to put me off for a while anyhoo :cry: )
i will be reading some of your tips before i try again though :lol:
cheers,
Jay

Nice patterns Gill, thanks for the copy. I may try and get some cut this weekend if I get the chance. I'm doing some major alterations to my kitchen/dining room and it's taking up all my time.
Mick

Thanks for letting me know that you've downloaded the patterns, guys :) . I can only judge the popularity or success of these pattern design attempts by the number of people who let me know they're interested. The greater the interest that is expressed, the greater the likelihood that I will produce more patterns.

Happy cutting :) .

Gill,

I have downloaded them. I will be trying to cut a few, with the help of the advice you posted a little while ago, I hope this time I am more successful. :whistle:

Didn't get round to cutting them this weekend :( - will try later :) .

Has anyone given them a whirl yet?

I've just tried to cut one and the pine I was using broke :( . The patterns might be okay for sturdier woods, but I think they need to be beefed up. There is also a minor design flaw with the eye-holes.

I should be able to make the necessary amendments later this evening and give the revised patterns a test run tomorrow :) .

sorry Gill i'm snowed under for a while yet but will get to them eventually, will wait until you get chance to revise the plans but no rush for me mate :)

Here's the latest attempt :) .

The same caveat as before applies - these are hot off the press, uncut, untested...

... but a bit chunkier than their flimsy predecessors.

They say it's better to travel than it is to arrive :roll: :) .

Back