Comparing Scroll Saws Sticky? Other suggestions?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKen

Reaction score
Is it my imagination or used there to be a pinned post here with a 2-part video about buying a cheap scroll saw and or buying a good one?
Ken

No, it's not your imagination BigKen. I forget who actually did that post, but it was an excellent guide for newbies/beginners written by a well-respected and long-standing member of this Scrolling Section.

To the Mods: I forget exactly but the title was something like "Why spend more on a Scroll Saw?" (or similar), and as above, I've forgotten the author, sorry. IF you can find it again could we have it re-instated as a sticky at the top of this Section please?

TIA

Yup, that's it (and I KNEW it was Scrimper, but forgot)! Sorry for being so vague in my last post! Thanks Brian. 👍

@Mods: Can we have the above link into a sticky at the top of this Section please?

Ok, that's nailed to the top.
As 2/3 stickies are allowed if there's another one or two that would benefit the scrolling community (and others) please drop your suggestions below.

@BigKen I've edited the thread title to reflect it's contents. Hope that's ok.

Thanks for doing that Noel.

In the past there have been several queries in the Scrolling section about what blade (type) to use on what wood, plus what blade (brand) to buy, & from where to buy.

I've replied to those queries several times, always with the same info, including tables, etc, re selection generally, plus blade TPI/width/thickness, etc. I can't put my hand on that post right now this minute, but will be able to dig it out within the next 24 hours.

When I find it I'll post it here and you can judge for yourself whether or not to Sticky it - I will only say that it's a Q that comes up frequently, often from newbies/inexperienced of course.

Cheers

No problem. You guys are the experts regarding scrolling so I can't/won't decide the worth of something to be pinned.
Blades sound a logical suggestion. If there is nothing that can be found (or up to date) write, or get together or nominate somebody to do a post.

No problem. You guys are the experts regarding scrolling so I can't/won't decide the worth of something to be pinned.
Blades sound a logical suggestion. If there is nothing that can be found (or up to date) write, or get together or nominate somebody to do a post.

Found it a bit quicker than I thought Noel. Here:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/sourcing-scroll-saw-blade.121380/#post-1336095
It starts on the 4th post down (my own) but there are a couple of other inputs from members. You may want to do a little editing to bring the whole lot into a single post? (Or if you want me to do it, fine, but then it probably won't be until tomorrow or Sunday, sorry).

Thanks again.

Done. I performed a little surgery on the thread so your post is first.

Back