Comments Appreciated

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argee

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've just roughed out my proposed new kitchen in Sketchup, but I'm not sure how to "share" the file here for comments (both on the design and on my first serious use of the software).

I've tried attaching it, but it didn't show, so here's a link for those with Sketchup who've got the time.

TIA :)

Ray.

Ray, it looks like you have a tidy little kitchen. Very good. The only thing I would suggest is to lop off the countertop corner opposite the one that is already cut off. That sharp corner causes me pain when I look at it. ;)

As far as your drawing is concerned here are a couple of things to consider.

First, under Display Settings (in the Window menu) set the Edge Color to By Axis. This will let you see that some of your lines that should be aren't actually parallel to the axes. Watch when drawing lines that should be parallel to the axes that you get a matching colored line while drawing it.

The other thing to do is make more use of groups or components. I see you did it for some of the uppers but you should continue that practice throughout.

Otherwise, you're doing quite well. Keep it up.

Dave

Latest posts

Back