• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Commenting on old threads.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just seen an interesting thread from 2018 on the Record Stay Set arrangement.
I would have liked to comment but probably would have been 'ribbed' over the date of the original post! Oh well; never mind. It might come up again! :mrgreen:

John (hammer)

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have valid and what you think is useful information for other members why not start another thread with the information and include a link to the (old) thread on the same subject that caught your attention.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chas.

It was just an observation, I could have made re the Stay-Set cap-iron, but I think it was covered anyhow.

Cheers
John

rafezetter

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Commenting on a post from 2018 a hardly a "necro" - and I don't understand why people are so averse to it anyway.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll just have to give up perusing older threads, just because I have read most of the current ones! :lol:

John (hammer)

Trainee neophyte

[Insert witty and amusing title here]
Reaction score
If you comment on it, it becomes current again. Given that this site is a huge resource, any relevant information added to a thread should be a good thing. If you are embarrassed, by all means mention that at least you know it's an oldie but goodie.

Besdes. - things change, and new information becomes available, and opinions evolve. Not with brexit, obviously, but with everything else...

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Things do change I agree. I used an Eclipse to sharpen completely in my early days, but now I use a Tormek to get a fairly accurate primary bevel. The rest I do freehand.

Incidentally, The Rant leaves me bemused I fear.. I sometimes glance at it, but nothing there for me!

John (homer)