Combination plane spurs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnimble

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Stanley no 45 (including a near perfect type 1 and a type 3) in the shop for cleaning. But I'm missing 2 spurs and 1 screw and have no spares left.

Anyone has a source for them, have some laying around or information on making them?

Thank Philly. But I don't know if those will fit. At least the screws are way to long. Cutting them back to about 1.5mm would be not that easy of a job.

spurs.jpg

Some Stanley spurs enlarges about 10x (depends on monitor and resolution). From left to right:
1960 no 50 spur and screw
1910 no 45 spur and screw
1880 no 45 spur and screws

Hi, Tnimble

Do the screws protude through the casting? if they do you should be able to cut them roughly to lenght then file the excess off when they are installed, either with some tape to protect the plane, or with out the knicker in to allow the screw to protude further than it would with the knicker in so you dont have to file it flush.

Pete

Just veryfied that the no78 spurs and srew thread size are the same for the no 45 including the early types. So conna source some of those and cut them down carefully.

tnimble":348vhfhx said:
Some Stanley spurs enlarges about 10x (depends on monitor and resolution).

It's always a good idea to put a scaling item in such a photo.

Either a rule (practical but dull), or a common item of well known size.

Americans often use coins (nickel/dime) or dollar notes, which they deem to be universally known.

I saw (in this forum I think) someone use a AA battery, which is a truly international standard.

I use a vintage,brass bound boxwood ruler.

a_p_router.jpg

BugBear

Back