• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Coloured plywood ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Robbo3

Established Member
Reaction score
There are lots of things on The Toolpost's shelves that don't make it onto the web site. Try phoning or emailing.

Hutzul

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers Robbo3 and NazNomad.

I've been thinking about making my own but I reckon it will get pretty time consuming and expensive, I just need a big dollop of inspiration !

HappyAtticus

Reaction score
Doode.
This may be a little left field but I have been looking myself and short of paying a small fortune in postage from the states there seems to be no options. I have just bought a pack of 200 jumbo coloured lollysticks 150x20x2mm from ebay for about a tenner. I'm going to glue them up and turn... Something?
I will post results when I'm done, below is a link just in case you fancy having a go.
I'm assuming you are a woodturner.

Adam Pinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Doode.
This may be a little left field but I have been looking myself and short of paying a small fortune in postage from the states there seems to be no options. I have just bought a pack of 200 jumbo coloured lollysticks 150x20x2mm from ebay for about a tenner. I'm going to glue them up and turn... Something?
I will post results when I'm done, below is a link just in case you fancy having a go.
I'm assuming you are a woodturner.

But are they tinted all the way through or just coated?

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
You are aware that the Dye is only a few microns deep and once you start turning you will take it all off in the first cut

HappyAtticus

Reaction score
But are they tinted all the way through or just coated?
Well, there is a youtube video of a guy who turned a spinning top out of similar or the same and the colours were still there, if not I suppose I just bought 200 stirring sticks... sigh.
I will find out by Friday latest and will let you guys know. I've only been at the turning lark a few months, its a money pit isn't it, but nothing ventured and all that.
Cheers
Atticus.

HappyAtticus

Reaction score
Oh well stirring sticks it is, dammit!
I have a question. My chuck is occasionally coming of my insert. Is there a pin that I can use to hold the insert and chuck together? There is a hole on the chuck (supernova) that looks to be for that purpose but I can't find anything on Google, more than likely because I do not know the correct term for it.
Thanks.

Adam Pinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh well stirring sticks it is, dammit!
I have a question. My chuck is occasionally coming of my insert. Is there a pin that I can use to hold the insert and chuck together? There is a hole on the chuck (supernova) that looks to be for that purpose but I can't find anything on Google, more than likely because I do not know the correct term for it.
Thanks.
Mine kept coming loose, all i did was remove the insert and clean any dirt from out of the threads, it was not tightning fully before, fixed it.... The hole on the side is for a grub screw used for reverse turning.

Last edited:

Latest posts