Coloured bowl.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been messing about with colours and designs again today and came up with this

purpyell006.jpg

purpyell004.jpg

purpyell003.jpg

Its Ash,8" wide and is mounted on three Yew legs set in at an angle. The base and bowl have been burned and textured and the top carved and coloured with acrylics.There is a crack that goes right through the middle horizontally, in one side, through the bowl and out the other side.
My cameras a bit poo so I have to slightly sharpen the images which has made the edges of the coloured parts look much more raggedy than in real life.

Comments/critiques welcomed.

JT

Much prefer those legs johnny, and it meets the supporting surface contamination problems mentioned with the burnt base.

Not to sure about the top, don't think it has quite the same punch as the one with clear wood centre.

Not so keen on this one JT,but as an experiment looks like you are coming up with some interesting ideas for the future pieces,which i will look forward to seeing.
I still think the legs look too chunky for this type of piece,and would also prefer to see the middle bowl left natural,just to show what type/colour wood it is underneath :D

CHJ":18cw2287 said:
Much prefer those legs......

Thanks Chas, me too, I think it sits a lot better on these angled ones than the straight set,straight cut ones.

Paul,thanks for your thoughts :) I have to say regarding the legs being too chunky, that these bowls are chunky/heavy pieces and the legs are supposed to reflect this, if you see what I mean. I don't feel that thinner/lighter looking legs would be right on such a heavy piece, the legs are 15mm at thier widest point(the top).

I had also intended to leave both the inside and outside natural coloured but the crack that runs through the middle wouldn,t allow this as it would have been too obvious, so it got burnt and textured to hide/blend in the crack.

Cheers JT

Latest posts

Back