Collet advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I was finally able to pull it out. I had to hook a piece of metal at the bottom and had to use a lot of brute force to take it out. It took a few attempts.
Now I'm not sure what I did wrong. It seems clear to me that this collet + nut system is different from the videos @Peri posted and @rogxwhit suggested. The collet does not clip to the nut. You can see in the attached video.
You can also check the photos. I show the 8mm collet, which works just fine but it's different, and then the 6mm (which came with the router).

IMG_20220825_094649.jpg

IMG_20220825_094653.jpg

IMG_20220825_094741.jpg

IMG_20220825_094748.jpg

Attachments

• VID_20220825_094120-opt.mp4
    26.1 MB
Hi everyone,

This question may be a tad off topic but it's still fits.
I also got the Makita DRT50Z (portable) router.
I've placed the 1/4" coller on the router but now I'm unable to remove it. It simply doesn't come out.
I'm I missing something or is there some sort of a defection with the collar? Any suggestion on how to remove it? Thanks
Hi, I had the same problem with a brand new router. I used a Stanley blade and put it in the collet opening and GENTLY rocked it side to side. Work each collet opening and it will simply fall out. My 1/4" bits fit perfect after that.

Back