Collection of 3d printing files relevant for woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as part of a Maker Space we use our 3D printers all the time. The Prusa model is very reliable and we have just ordered their very large machine 360x360x360 to compliment it. Everything from knurled knobs, to bandsaw inserts and T pieces for mitre gauges to table saw inserts. Use mainly PETG often in the 15% infill range but sometimes 70% plus where stifness is required. Normally do this because bought stuff is so badly designed or badly made or both. Even silly things like swiss files sold without a handle can be improved and made safer to use.

Last edited:
If you don't want to spend much money you might like to look at this unit which an Italian friend of mine just bought. It has two critical elements 1) a self leveling bed and 2) the movement at 32bits allows for precision movement. Other than that it is just as likely as others to breakdown, but because it is so cheap there will be a strong after market and advice field. Seems to print nicely.

https://www.amazon.it/Stampante-Cre...HKieGnUHiP-0Yrt0IO7jsInVJxDV77-rQhUOYN2ODBXL4

For years I have been using a toilet outlet adapter pipe bent into the oval shape to adapt my extraction on my kity bestcombi 2000 planer thicknesser to take it to a 100mm outlet the drop down to a 63mm collar to fit my 63mm system. So while I'm still recovering from my operation (week thirteen) and waiting for six months of chemo starting next week I thought I might get a nice light-duty hobby and got a 3d printer. This is my first design from scratch and I used DesignSpark Mechanical as suggested by another member here. I published it today on Thingyverse.

Bestcombi Adapter
for a first design and print that's pretty darn good. If you dont want to delve too deep in to design and CAD then Tinkercad is a very good piece of free software for designing, Its online and totally free and updated regularly, its what I leanrt on before moving up to more powerful software which I also use for my CNC machines, its big sister is Autoscout Fusion 360 but for most people that is way over engineered. a bit like Microsoft Word..... where most people will only ever use about 5% if its abilities

Tinkercad also has an extensive library of free files that you can pull from along with Thangs,Thingiverse, Printables, Grabcad (Engineer based) and many others.
It just depends how deep you want to go down this rabbit hole!! 😄

I hope you are recovering well.

Regards
Neil Scott

MAtrixRabbitHole.jpeg

Thank you. I do use Tinkercad now and again. It's a cracking piece of software. Recovering well. Had two All-clears since I finished chemo last year. No feeling in my feet and fingers still but I consider that a small price.

Last edited:
I have 3 prints that I also sell on eBay with the Dewalt location plate having initially doing very well, although the sales have now dried up a little.

Mounts for spirit level storage.
DSCF4225.JPG

Location Plates for Dewalt tool boxes.
s-l1600.jpg

Anti Tip Wedges for Dewalt Tool boxes.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF4217.JPG
    16.4 MB · Views: 0
A very simple measuring jug with a small lip at the height to which it should be filled.

I made this for mixing up my favourite wood finish ("Mike's Magic Mix": equal parts satin varnish, white spirit and pure tung oil) - I use a litre bottle to hold it, so I figured that a 300 ml measuring jug would be handy for mixing it up (the extra 100 ml in the litre bottle allows for a bit leftover from the last batch).

1712317765453.png

1712317772923.png

I tested it by zeroing the scales with the jug on and then filling it with water to the line. 299 g - that's good enough for me!

I made it with fairly thick (3 mm) walls as I have a habit of dropping things in the workshop and I figured it might make it more likely to survive.

A very simple measuring jug with a small lip at the height to which it should be filled.

I made this for mixing up my favourite wood finish ("Mike's Magic Mix": equal parts satin varnish, white spirit and pure tung oil) - I use a litre bottle to hold it, so I figured that a 300 ml measuring jug would be handy for mixing it up (the extra 100 ml in the litre bottle allows for a bit leftover from the last batch).

View attachment 178847

View attachment 178848

I tested it by zeroing the scales with the jug on and then filling it with water to the line. 299 g - that's good enough for me!

I made it with fairly thick (3 mm) walls as I have a habit of dropping things in the workshop and I figured it might make it more likely to survive.
What filament did you use? I’m not sure but white spirits and PLA might not go together very well.

Not my file but thought I'd share it as I found it super useful.

I'm a big fan of modular systems, gridfinity being one of them.
Problem is unelss I design my storage for it I often end up with odd sizes that don't fit into gridfinity units.
Someone has created a fusion 350 file to automatically add padding to fill the size of your drawer.

https://www.printables.com/model/591623-parametric-gridfinity-base-plate-to-fill-any-size-
I've just been playing about with it this morning. It works well but just bad timing for me as I've already made wooden spacers in the two drawers I needed them in. The small parts drawers I made to fit the Gridfinity system rather than the other way around. Still, nice to know there's an easy workaround if I need to line another drawer.

This is a reprint after breaking my last one. It's a paint shaker for my Createx airbrush paint bottles. It fits an old blade then mounts onto the multi-tool. It vibrates violently and mixes or rejuvenates my paints.

Attachments

• 1000030686.jpg
    1000030686.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1000030687.jpg
    1000030687.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1000030688.jpg
    1000030688.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
This is a reprint after breaking my last one. It's a paint shaker for my Createx airbrush paint bottles. It fits an old blade then mounts onto the multi-tool. It vibrates violently and mixes or rejuvenates my paints.
That feels both brilliant and simultaneously lethal to me. Cue a room completely covered in paint ;)

That feels both brilliant and simultaneously lethal to me. Cue a room completely covered in paint ;)
I did have that very experience with the first one I made. I epoxy glued it to the blade originally but the vibration was too much. Luckily it was only the lawn got a coat of yellow. The second one I used two bolts to hold it. It worked great but I broke it in an unvibratory incident. The new one I just added a middle bolt as a secondary insurance measure. By the way, the idea was not mine. Its based on a couple I found on the Thangs site.

Not my file but thought I'd share it as I found it super useful.

I'm a big fan of modular systems, gridfinity being one of them.
Problem is unelss I design my storage for it I often end up with odd sizes that don't fit into gridfinity units.
Someone has created a fusion 350 file to automatically add padding to fill the size of your drawer.

https://www.printables.com/model/591623-parametric-gridfinity-base-plate-to-fill-any-size-
There is a new kid on the block.

https://www.multiboard.io

I love this thinking outside the box approach.

Back