Coiling a bandsaw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Been planking some sweet chestnut logs on the bandsaw this afternoon and changed the narrow blade for a meatier 3/4" 3 skip tooth blade, but couldn't for the life of me remember how to coil up the old blade for storage although I have done loads before :oops: :roll:

I vaguely recall something about gripping it with both thumbs pointing up, or was it with one up and one down, but whatever variation I try doesn't seem to be the right one. One of those days :oops: :)

Can anybody remind me please and put me out of my misery :roll:

Thanks !

Blade in oval, natural state, teeth facing away from you. Gently trap bottom of loop onto floor with foot. Place hands inside top of loop, palms up facing away. Turn hands inwards and lower as you do it. I think that's it!

Ray.

No matter how many times i do it i always forget when it comes to doing it again :roll:

Got it !

Had another go last night following the advice here and it worked ! :shock: :D

Shame it's raining here this morning but never mind, means more workshop time rather than doing the gardening chores :wink: :lol:

Thanks all

Argee":16jfh7o3 said:
Blade in oval, natural state, teeth facing away from you. Gently trap bottom of loop onto floor with foot. Place hands inside top of loop, palms up facing away. Turn hands inwards and lower as you do it. I think that's it!

Ray.

I was so impressed with your bandsaw blade advice I copied and printed out the instruction and then pasted it to my bandsaw as per picture.

blade2w.jpg

JFC":v4bel9sg said:
No matter how many times i do it i always forget when it comes to doing it again :roll:
Yes, I'm getting like that, but not only with bandsaw blades!

devonwoody":v4bel9sg said:
I was so impressed with your bandsaw blade advice I copied and printed out the instruction and then pasted it to my bandsaw as per picture.
Glad to have helped :)

Ray.

Latest posts

Back