CNC routing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussianRouter

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok,this was f*ing awsome and I'm hooked,Fecn if your still around? then it takes brains to work something like this out and the outcome of this has clearley shown that it works,a bit crude but never the less it can be tweaked here and there.

Just wish I was around at the time this came up. :cry:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/my-n ... 19561.html

I'm hooked and I gotta build one now :) however this won't be as big as the prototype of Fecn's(nospace to swing a cat)

After I've made myrouter table I'll set about planning the motion bed,I reckon half the size or smaller should do it?

Got the perfect router for the engraver and if its still available it'll be cheap to buy,mind you its 4 or 5 years ago when I bought it? and never used it a lot when I did.

I'll post a pic when the batteries have charged up.

George,

The import duty is 17.5% vat plus a levy of 3-5%, the bit you will suffer is to pay the shippers to collect it. I had to pay £21 duty and vat on an import, DHL charged me £12 to collect the £21.

You are trying to save £63, by the time you add shipping, duty, import charges and credit card charges you will have even less of a saving. If you have a problem and you need to return it you will incure futher costs.

I had a machine part that broke, the US company replaced it under warranty they told me not to bother sending the old one back, because I had not returned it Customs and Excise made me pay the vat and duty again and the DHL charge. If I had returned it I would not need to pay again.

Hi Paul

So in effect won't really workout cheaper from HongKong?

I'm browsing the HMCustoms and Excise site and its a bloody headache trying to calculate the duty.

I've worked it out cheaper from MCP.

Its £20 for the breakout board(considerably dear for just a board with no components and only a plug and board)),don't need this as I can wire the parallel port up myself.

£57 for the power supply I only need one power supply,as I can find a power supply cheaper to drive the motors.

So it will cost £281 with the P&P :)

Thanks Paul.

Ok got it down to £268 with P&P and I'm hoping that the VAT is inclusive? because I can't see anywhere on the site that refers to VAT inc.

Anyone know where to get steel rods cheapish? about 8mm to 10mm diameter and 450mm long

The links I posted in here a week or so ago? the rods are too dear.

I'm thinking of using wardrobe chrome rails at £7 pkt of 5 but I really need 6.

Rails would be better as I would'nt have the horizontal carriage axis going from left to right and knocking your head off if not too careful ie the carriage would be positioned in the middle stationary and the vertical axis would travel back and forth on the rails.

I sure could have given FecN some of my engineering background knowledge on this.

Bought this in a car booty 3 years ago and only used it 3 or 4 times,got it for £12.

You can see this will do the job nicely as it detaches from the plunger base.

:wink:

route.jpg

WoodAddict":2levuw8j said:
I've planning one of these for a while now. have a look here mycncuk.com

Hi Paul...eck another Paul :? :wink:

I'll sift through that site later,need some shuteye soon.

Cheers.

This has been a major project of mine for the last 6 months.. it's getting there though:
DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

Table is 2000x1200mm. the x-axis is almost in place, and all the electronics+motors are sorted.

Latest posts

Back