CNC Router machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've fallen foul of the anti-spamulator, which affects new posters. A moderator will be along shortly to let you out!

Welcome to the forum - it gets better!

I looked into building a cnc router machine myself, but in the end I decided to buy a ready built machine from here: http://www.cnc-step.com.

I quite fancied the idea of building a machine, but the more I looked into it the more the costs added up and there was no guarantee that the finished machine would be any good. Also I didn't really have enough 'free' time so the ready built machine seemed like my best option.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the machine and I'm sure it's far better than anything I could have built myself. The website is worth a look because there's lots of information, videos etc..

Richard.

Hi Richard,

What software are you using to drive that machine? There seems to be 4 or 5 CNC owners who lurk around the forums now.

Hi Fecn,

I use Win PC-NC Economy software to drive the machine and Corel Draw to create the designs - this is fairly simple to use and works well. I haven't had much experience of other CNC software except for a free trial version of another program which I found on ebay, but I didn't really get on with that.

I only came across your post the other evening and I found your machine build really interesting and very impressive. As I said before, I looked into building one myself, but with limited time and knowledge I suspect it would still be a pile of bits rather than a working machine.

Richard.

Fecn":3oym49ef said:
brianhabby":3oym49ef said:
Is anyone thinking of buying the plans in the link above?

Why on earth would they buy them when they're free from cnczone (for personal use only - not for commercial use)...

http://www.cnczone.com/modules/Download ... e.php?id=4

Thanks Fecn

I have this item watched in My eBay and was actually thinking of buying the plans, but having checked out the above link, I think I'll study this CNC Forum before I go any further.

regards

Brian

Back