Clever Tool Chest - Wurth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is floating (without seats).
PICT2777.jpg

That's strange, I regularly visit SongofthePaddle but have never come across your build.

Did you colleague say where he brought his tool box from?

It would be a nice little build though, I might consider it if I can't make the space in the garage for the canoe plus the canoe is on quite a tight time frame if I'm going to do it.

The_Stig":1r3hsdi3 said:
I was just faffing around on the internet when I came across this tool box which I thought was pretty smart.

http://woodgears.ca/tool_holders/toolchest.html

I don't know if anyone has seen or made anything similar?

I made something very similar back in Woodwork @school (in the days when they did it). A toolbox of sorts to hold tools & bits\pieces for R\C aircraft. Bit like a sewing box arrangement, i.e. whole sections swung up and sideways rather than a flip.

Lord knows where it is - probably in buried in the garage somewhere. Must have made it 25 odd yrs ago. :oops:

Dibs

Every one used to make one at college during their apprenticeship. Cant see any great advantage to this type with a lift up rather than a drop down front and those hinges are sooo ugly

Please forgive me but what does the drawer type look like?

My college lets me construct a very small window as my assessment piece, that's the best we get :(

It's a clever design, but I don't see what it gains over the flip down version.

Stig, do a search for 'Ed's new toolbox' on here. EdK made something similar, but on wheels. He put lots of thought into it.

The_Stig":1f2kf0i9 said:
Just out of interest what attracted you to living in Germany?

I was waiting for a job in Madrid (Leopard Tank) to come up and my boss asked me to go to Munich to fill in for someone.

After 5 years the work stopped (Eurofighter) and I went to Hamburg (Airbus A400M), after 4 years of the nut jugglers at Airbus I ended up here in Leipzig (Military Chemical Detectors).

I'm still waiting for the job in Madrid.

Back