Clear Floor Vanish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I need some clear floor varnish which dries within a couple of hours, preferable water based (or oil if it dries quick), and is tough enough to withstand a mad Rottie and an even madder Jack Russell. Any recomendations?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Mike

Ronseal Diamond Hard.
We used it on a battered old floor in France and it came up a treat. 2-hour recoating time, water washable, does what it says...

Concur with Smudger.

Used some on a clients staircase a few years ago, it was the first time I'd done anything to afloor and it was recommended to me.
Returned to the house a couple of months ago and aqsked the client if they'd recoated it as it still looked good.
No Rotweiller but they have got four sons, which has to be worse, although thinking about it a dog would struggle with these stairs

Dom

I used the Ronseal Diamond Hard product 2.5 years ago and am finding the floor looks a mess now with patches where it has worn through. Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

The effect is exaggerated because I used one containing a stain so you see the light wood where it's worn through.

Back