Cladding

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob_c

Established Member
Reaction score
Im toying with the idea of cladding my workshop on the outside.The workshop is 23` long but only 7`10" wide.(inside dimensions)Ive always struggled to arrange machinery because of this width problem. Its single skin breeze block with render on the outside.I have never put any insulation in as i dont want to lose any width,so decided to insulate the outside and clad over the top.(Im sick of tools getting rust damage in the winter months)Is this a feasable idea and what sort of prices do you lot pay for shiplap?? Or can any one think of a better idea ?
We recently had the whole house roof reslated in new slates and i kept the old ones.Im planning to slate the workshop with them after i get the walls sorted.

Feather edge is much cheaper than shiplap. Know your problem, my shop is like a tunnel!

Roy.

Tunnel? I have to perform a belly dance to get from one end to the other! :lol: :lol:
Rich.

hello bob_c, when building my workshop i used ship lap, ended up half the price of Feather edge + there is less wastage. i got it from a company that makes sheds and fence panels and they buy it buy the ton think i paid about 15p a foot. don't know if this is the cheapest way but works great for me.

pete

Don't know if it's a good price or not but I just bought 200m of shiplap for £158 ( works out at 79p per metre).
and Rich, if I did a belly dance in my shed i'd have to rebuild :oops: it's 3m wide but so am I :lol:

Thanks for the replies,i,ll look into the prices of both shiplap and feather edge.The tunnel effect can get really depressing :(
So is there no serious problems with fixing something like kingspan to the outside of the walls and cladding on top of it?(with a vapour membrane of course!)

Back