• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found CITB health, safety and environment test for managers and professionals

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have the Black managers card through Grandfather rights. I will only be able to get a card till next year as the Grandfather rights will no longer be recognised. I need to sit an NVQ sometime this year. Seems 33 years in the industry counts for nought. Bit of a racket the whole cscs thing in my opinion.

I am a Project Manager for one of the large national contractors. Been a PM for over 10 years leading jobs. Got plenty of qualifications and training from City and Guilds, SMSTS, Nebosh etc. but it seems I am not qualified until I do an NVQ which feels a bit like a qualification that has been made up by the CITB as a bit of a money making scam to me.

As you can see I am not at all bitter.

Total pain. Luckily I've got an HNC from years ago which seems to do the trick. I was going to get the gold card too, so I'll need to do the NVQ supervisors course. It looks like I can cram it and do it as distance learning too, but it's a grand down the pan.

I suppose everything will be changed to some kind of NVQ in the end.

Last edited:
Back