Circular saws (Festool TS55 & Makita 18v cordless).

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomba26":qtv2oj0q said:
Thanks again for all the replies folks. :)
I'm just about to order my TS55 through Axminster as I have a large-ish credit with them. I understand the saw comes with a 1400mm rail as standard and I was going to purchase another 1400mm rail so I could join them together for 8x4 sheets. Is there anything else that make the saw easier/faster in use or worth having.....(they sell TS55 accessories including parallel stops, additional splinterguards, limit stops, adjustable bevel, etc)?
Thanks.

I would suggest you find your local Festool dealer - he won't haggle on the saw but will throw accessories in. Axi - whilst awesome service, probably won't throw accessories in - unless your physically at the store perhaps.

HIH

Dibs

Don't forget the dust extraction, and adaptors to fit your system etc. Then all you need is some PTFE spray to put down the tracks and it glides down. I use a veritas brass scribe to set for parallel cuts and this works great as long as there is no issues with the blade not running against the splinter guard.

Just do your first cut of the splinter guard carefully and will be no issues, you can get stupidly accurate with this saw.

I've ordered 2 x 1400 rails in the end and am after a bag to keep them in as they will be in the back of my van a lot, so don't want them getting damaged. Is the large rail bag massive (the one that takes more than one rail)? I have not ordered the single bag or large bag as of yet.

I have the old style bag that takes 2 x 1400 and has an external pocket for an 800 rail they are very good bags but they stopped doing them. The bag they do now isnt as good its cheaper quality. I also had the large accesory bag that I bought as part of the parallel guide set but I have sold the bag as I dont need it but it was cheaper to get the set.

I would say the same as Dibs I would find yourself a local dealer, I know you said you had credit with Axi but I wouldnt buy Festool off Axi online you wont get any deals really. Get to know your local dealer you will be seeing a lot more of him now :wink: :lol: :lol:

Also take a look at this pdf file it will help you with setting up your TS55

http://www.waterfront-woods.com/festool/TS_55_EQ_US.pdf

Spot on fellas, think I have all the info now cheers. I'll post again when I get it all up and running. :)

Back