Circular saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lardman

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

Dilemma - I have an old 7.25" B&D CS it doesn't get a lot of use but I wouldn't want to be without one.

Tonight the blade has come away from the reduction ring again and this time it just wont hold when reseated. I had a nightmare finding a blade last time as they all required a reduction ring (16mm bore) and the rings were so poor they just wouldn't grip.

Unless someone has a neat fix for the current blade ?, should I bin the saw and get a cheap replacement or hunt a blade down. The current one is a 40tooth screwfix job and I had to send 3 back before getting a decent one.

As always theres no money in the budget for something nice :cry:

If you decide to go down the replacement blade route we supply these which are very acceptable quality, and are bored or bushed to your requirements by a qualified sawsmith before dispatch.

If you decide to splash out for a new saw there are plenty of deals around at the moment, Bosch, Skil, Clarke or maybe you could go for a smaller diameter and stretch to a little Makita.

Allan, Thanks for the heads-up on the Site saw. I was on the look out for a circular saw but not wanting to spend a small fortune. It has always annoyed me that all the e-bay bargains and the cheaper USA tools are 110v tools (I go to the states on work a couple of times a year and always wanted to pick up a bargain) so I made the tactical decision to buy a transformer and this saw. Can't really complain, getting both for £85.

Halo

Nice find Allan shame its 110 though :(

I've attempted a fix with the current blade I'll find out tomorrow if it will hold and I've not done too much damage to the balance when I use the saw again in anger.

At least I now know that there are proper blades available.

Recky33":181qlfu3 said:
Result m8, :D

You will have to do a review on it now you know :wink:

Allan

Apart from my drill and my dad's 40 y/old home made table saw (that is H&S's worst nightmare!) I am a newbie to real power tools. But a recent elu mof177 router off e-bay and now this circular saw means I am going up in the world. I have also just been given planning permission for my workshop (ie large garden shed), so I can at least use these things in anger. Oh, and maybe learn enough I can write a meaningful review!

Back