Circular saw jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxhunter

Established Member
Reaction score
I have almost completed the 'destruction' of my workshop. All the machines have gone and I am reduced to what I can achieve in my garden shed.

Has anyone seen or knows of a jig which will enable me to rip narrow strips off long lengths. For example I need to cut a piece of 150mm x 15mm in half lengthways. The waste is too narrow to balance the base of the saw on and then the strip needs to be raised enough to allow the blade to cut through. Can I use this upside down in a jig?

ALSO can anyone tell me why a mains circular saw has the blade mounted on the right hand side of the motor and a battery model the blade is on the left.

Look up "sawboard". This will support the saw and allow ripping of any width strip.
Well worth making one just over 4' long and another just over 8' for sheet work.

MM

Ive always wondered that, being left handed, a mains orientated saw suits me best.

Upside down would turn it into a table saw which could be done, not too dissimilar to a router table.

Many thanks. I will look these up on my return from holiday. However my saw does not have a trigger lock so will need to sort something out to enable me to use it upside down.

Brian

foxhunter":vzyxxxx1 said:
Many thanks. I will look these up on my return from holiday. However my saw does not have a trigger lock so will need to sort something out to enable me to use it upside down.

Brian
Cable tie / velcro strap ;) but make sure you use a NVR switch with it.

foxhunter":1vwp34h1 said:

Brian

John Heisz covers that in the video

Back