Chuck Insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acewoodturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just read the thread for the chuck inserts and rather than hijack it, I thought I would start another one.
I have a laser engraver with a rotary attachment for engraving glasses, winebottles etc. It relies on a cone at one end and a 'funnel' at the other end. Not very accurate for concentricity and a bit of a faff to use. I was thinking of getting a chuck and phoned APTC as they do a range of inserts and in the dim and distant parts used to make inserts themselves to order.
The trouble is that the cones are just screwed onto M10 rod and the helpful guy in Axy said I should try China to get one!
Has anyone who has had one made (and can remember who made it) recommend a company who could make an insert or a chuck manufacturer who would make one for me. I do like the Axy chucks but as it is only for loosely holding some round items which will do one revolution is doesnt have to be the most expensive chuck. Having a range of jaws etc would also be helpful.

cheers

Mike

Back