Christmas Tree Ornaments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melinda_dd

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok now the months challenge is over..... and I was already on photo bucket!!!!! I figured I'd fight and try and get a few more pictures uploaded and resized and posted on here.

Me and photobucket don't get on so these are the only ones I could get resized before it wouldn't let me do anymore due to "an error occuring" !!!

My favourite ones typically are not resized ... i'll try again another day

This month I made a couple and put them for sale in a cabinet I rent to sell my crafts in..... they sold.... so I made 11 more ..... they all sold in a day ......so had to restock that...... so I then put pictures of them on my facebook page ....... and got 3 orders for some sets ...... and so it continues!!!

I've made around 55 so far!! .......none yet for my own tree .... my partner's not amused!

heatherw":ijkb2vfz said:
How do you find the time? That's amazing!

I like no.7 best - how many do you put in a set?

I have lots of time :wink:
And I put as many as the person wants in a set.
Seven seems popular on here!

Is it me or does the grain in number 1 look like a smiling woodworm??? Jinx

Melinda_dd":1ybuqv85 said:
I then put pictures of them on my facebook page ....... and got 3 orders for some sets ...... and so it continues!!!

I've made around 55 so far!! .......

Hi Melinda

I need to get on and sell a lot of my stuff (her indoors keeps complaining...) can i ask... do you just post pictures etc to your facebook page or have you set up a page/group specifically to sell your bits and bobs..?

Thanks

Nick

NikNak":2anqw262 said:
Melinda_dd":2anqw262 said:
I then put pictures of them on my facebook page ....... and got 3 orders for some sets ...... and so it continues!!!

I've made around 55 so far!! .......

Hi Melinda

I need to get on and sell a lot of my stuff (her indoors keeps complaining...) can i ask... do you just post pictures etc to your facebook page or have you set up a page/group specifically to sell your bits and bobs..?

Thanks

Hi
I have set up a page specifically for my bits.... well my partner did. I have a blog as well but people found it hard to find so facebook it was!!

I also rent a cabinet ata local antique and craft centre that I sell from. It's worked for the Christmas period but will be giving it up new year as I dont think it will work long term.

Deejay":21iuyvzo said:
Nicely done Melinda.

What do you use to attach the ribbon?

If you have problems resizing pic's on line, try Paint.net, which was recommended by someone here.

It's free and easy to use.

http://www.download366.com/paintnet

Cheers

Dave

I bought some bits to make ear rings ages ago and have never got round to using them. So I bend these completely straight apart from the small loop at the end.

I then drill a small hole through the top part of the ornament. ... this is before it is attached to the body of the ornament. .... I then push the straight bit through leaving the loop at the top.

I then bend the straight bit round in a circle at the end of the tennon left on the bottom of the top part so it cant pull out.... then glue the top part in the body of the ormament.

Does that read ok and make sense?

I tried bending my own loops but they weren't all that good so used them instead.

Earing fish hooks they are... the ones with the little balls on.... I take the balls off and use them as doll house furniture draw handles!!

Melinda_dd":14spxteg said:
I tried bending my own loops but they weren't all that good so used them instead.

Earing fish hooks they are... the ones with the little balls on.... I take the balls off and use them as doll house furniture draw handles!!

Which reminds me how are you getting on with the dolls house room

Your as bad as me more than 1 project on the go at any one time. And then throw in a turning or 2 my wife says I would not be happy if not :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back