Christmas present idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Derek
Is that a dovetail joint on the corners?
Fred, those are finger joints ... cut with a backsaw, held together with magic glue (nails optional).

This makes for a fast build. I made one of these boxes in hardwood in 3 hours start-to-finish (including preparing the boards).

Regards from Perth

Derek

Very nice Derek.
i started watching his (Marc) videos in the pre YouTube days, don’t watch as often but that video popped up in my subscription list so I saw it. Enjoyed watching it and end result was very good.

Fred, those are finger joints ... cut with a backsaw, held together with magic glue (nails optional).

This makes for a fast build. I made one of these boxes in hardwood in 3 hours start-to-finish (including preparing the boards).

Regards from Perth

Derek
Thanks Derek
It's a lovely design and beautifully made.
Its nice having a job when a considerable amount of work can be completed with machines

Here are a few more ...

3.jpg

4.jpg

The dark one (not sure what wood it is - pallet salvage) ...

5.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

Awesome idea, I drew my MIL for secret santa this year, and woodworking is expected from me (last year I made a whisky cabinet, I've made some boxes over the years).
Also toying with the idea of making a japanese style toolbox for myself, so I ordered cut nails, those would also make a nice addition I think (will need to see if they are a bit too big for a winecase, it'll depend on the thickness of the stock used).

Back