Chopsticks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok folks,

Here is my Christmas present to you all. :ho2

About 5 years ago I saw this in a fancy magazine.

http://dominicash.co.uk/shop/salt-pigs/
http://dominicash.co.uk/shop/salt-and-pepper-pots/

My mind boggled at the prices but I could see a market and I just so happened to have access to a Stair manufacturers waste heap that had piles of planed 4"x4" oak post off cuts.

I guess I have made well over a 200 and whilst many went as presents I also sell them for a tenner a time to some local "I saw you coming shops" (who mark them up to around the 20 mark) and posh resturants.

Demand exceeds my boredom threshold.

Never overestimate the intelligence of the market :roll:

novocaine":12s8d0d2 said:
48 quid, I give up.

Actually they have reduced their prices, originally they were £65

The S&P are actually more profitable given the time to make them, my wood being free and part finished.
I use Oak & Beech

novocaine":h0guigo5 said:
a fool and his money. :)

I'm happy to relieve them of it :lol:
The trick is realising they exist, finding them and supplying what they want; marketing.

no comment on your ability to sell them bud, all power to you, just amazes me at times how the "other half" think.

novocaine":2pjqys8t said:
no comment on your ability to sell them bud, all power to you, just amazes me at times how the "other half" think.

You are not far from alderney edge.
Go window shopping and be amazed!

You might find a market for yourself while you are at it.

While I'm in generous mood:

I also make bread boards with timber sourced from the same place.
I put them in a shop and would they sell, just sat gathering dust.
Could not understand it as they were nicer and cheaper than "Jamies"

I made one for a friend and she (thinking it was a compliement :roll:) said it was as nice as one from a shop, i.e. machine made.

So the next lot were finished as rough as a badgers rear end (randomly rounded over edges, plane marks visible). They flew off the shelves. Looked hand made yersee :wink:

novocaine":18fy9iz4 said:
Alderley Edge. your right I'm not far from it in miles, in demographic on the other hand.

give it a try; its like visiting the zoo for free.
You see lots of exotic animals you would not otherwise encounter

I go to blackfool for a similar experience that is at the same time completely the opposite. lol

strangely enough, I've been there a few times (the edge that is), I don't fit in, mainly because I was in climbing gear. :)

novocaine":3c70ucpz said:
I go to blackfool for a similar experience that is at the same time completely the opposite. lol

strangely enough, I've been there a few times (the edge that is), I don't fit in, mainly because I was in climbing gear. :)

:lol: :lol: =D>

North Norfolk is nearest sea to me; you can get opposite ends of the spectrum visiting Hunstanton and Burnham Market which are about 10 miles apart.

Not climbing country though

lurker":1ty6c514 said:
novocaine":1ty6c514 said:
Alderley Edge. your right I'm not far from it in miles, in demographic on the other hand.

give it a try; its like visiting the zoo for free.
You see lots of exotic animals you would not otherwise encounter

I live in Frodsham and I'm sitting here cackling away at that description, many a true word! The so-called 'Golden Triangle' is quite a sight.

happymadison1978":fou8sybm said:
I live in Frodsham and I'm sitting here cackling away at that description, many a true word! The so-called 'Golden Triangle' is quite a sight.

she showed you her what?
Dirty tramp, talk about fur coat no knickers. :)
it's called a vijazle by the way.

Back