Chip & Pin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody":2hoq3wby said:
Roger,
I have a naughty habit of trying to read the pin number being used by the person in front of me at checkouts. This is not being done for any personal gain only to proove to myself how dangerous this new system is for the pin user.

If the same is being done to me it must be very easy for this type of fraud to be a problem in the future.
Pickpoctets can relieve you of your wallet with all cards and it could be many hours before you are aware it has happened, the real nasty would be if they put your wallet back before you went into the supermarket again.

You would have a hell of a job with the credit card company :wink:

Ah...pickpockets...someone did try to pick my pocket once...bit of a mistake really... :twisted:

How about this then, my sister has been hit twice this year on visa platinum credit card. The first occassion she didn't even know she had one. Police assume visa sent a new card or application form to her old address (secure home type address) and it got hit for 2 or 3 thousand.
Police did the usual and it went on file no culprit caught.

Visa told muy sister didn't need a card but now we find another one has got issued and another investigation is due to start.

Back