Chip and dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard863

Established Member
Reaction score
Need a more efficient extraction system for a 400 square foot workshop.
Torn between the Axminster range DC1100A and the cyclone 505807. Has anyone got experience of with either these 2 machine or seen them in action?
Richard

Hi RogerS
Thank you for the reply.
Purely hobby, being in my 70"s my equipment Scheppach 4010 table, 6" planer /thicknesser, Bs350S band saw, disc sander, drum sander & turning lathe ( accumulated over the years) the present ducting system is 63mm ducting into a Scheppach 1000. It is a PIA as I have to clean out the 1000 every day as the dust migrates to the filter very quickly you can hear the beast slow down as you are using the equipment. Getting shot of the waste is no problem. I tried mixing the waste with paper mache then into bricks to burn in the Aga but this venture was so long winded it kept me out of the workshop.
Richard

Have you considered splitting your requirements and machines? I use a dedicated chip collector for the planer/thicknesser and spindle moulder because relative to the chippings, dust is minor. My main dust generators such as the table saw, mitre saw, drum sander, linisher, router table are all plumbed into a Camvac. All 100mm.

My hobby workshop is 18ft square. I run a dc1100 to service a 10" saw, a big mouth and small mouth to lathe on 100mm duct, and band saw, disc and belt sander and pillar drill on a separate 100mm feed reduced to 63mm. There are blast gates to each machine.

I do a fair amount of turning, the table saw is used weekly, the band saw two or three sessions a week. The DC1100 has so much suck it copes easily with everything I throw at it. I have the .5 micron filter can. There is no perceptible build up of dust on anything in the workshop.

The standard sacks take 3 months between emptying. I don't yet have a planer, so don't know how that would affect the fill rate. I'm really pleased with the setup and see no reason to change it. If I found the bag filling too quickly I could put a simple cyclone tank outside the workshop.

Phil

Back