Chest of Drawers - Finished *Big Pictures*

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,
Put the finish on this yesterday. Brought it home this morning. It's for my daughter Sophie who's 2 1/2. She already has about 10 times more clothes than I do :D

American White Ash form John Boddy's. 4" Boards Glued up for the top. No biscuits. Used Ply 3/4" Ply for the sides which I lipped with the same Ash. the internal frame is Ash, joined in the corners with my pocket hole jig I made just recently. The frames are rebated into the sides and glued in with Poly. The top is attached with screws (Brass) through elongated holes in the battens underneath. 4 screws in each side.

Drawers are 1/2" Ply with 1/4" Bases. They needed to be strong to cope with SWMBO shopping habit. The fronts are 18mm Ash, attached with 4 brass screws through the ply front.

Hardware is 'Brushed Nickel' from Screwfix. £15.98 for 5.

Finish is Liberon 'White Polish' - Clear Shellac?. Ended up with about 6 coats but it was very quick to apply and looks nice. I used almost a full bottle (250ml) but I spilt a bit rushing trying to keep a 'wet edge'.

Overall sizes are roughly 1200mm high, 500mm deep, 500mm wide

Thanks for looking. :D

syntec4 wrote
They needed to be strong to cope with SWMBO shopping habit.
I'll second that, plus the fact that anything going into a childs room has to be strong as it soon becomes launch platforms to jump on to the bed, castles, mountains and many other thing that their minds wish to make it.
Looking good ,I like it :D :D :D

Alan.

Nice piece of furniture.

I don't want to sound critical. There is just one thing that I would change. I would round off the corners of the top.

Well done.

Back