cheep as chips Dewalt sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarkin

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, but the DeWalt 26410 random orbit sander, which is basically a Metabo SXE450 in drag, is only £79.99 at screwfix at the moment! :shock: Thats almost half of what I payed for my SXE450...gutted!

You're right gidon, it is available in 110v only.

I'm also gutted - not that I'm at all dissatisfied with the Metabo model!

I can't believe it's the same sander. It even has the dual orbit!
I didn't realise 'bigger' companies used the same machines like this and splashed their own coat of paint on? :eek:

Guess who never noticed the "110V" bit on the Screwfix catalouge! :lol:

Even so, it's still a total bargain, but I too dont regret gettign the metabo, for one the warrenty is better, and I never did like DeWalt anyway... :wink: Once had a 14.4v xrp drill of thiers, and it was rubbish! Replaced it with a makita, which is a million times better IMO. Of course, then I went and droped it and bent the drive shaft! :roll:

Hey, you're not alone - I've met a lot of people already in my short life with a dislike for the Yellow one! Metabo if not Makita seem to be the preferred choice. Bosch are pretty good too - no-one seems able to justify buying Festool though!

And I just thought to myself, at the last place I worked, we had a Mafell sander that was again the spitting image of the awsome SXE450, painted red. Dual-orbit and everything. But, they still preferred to use the belt sander! :?

Back