Cheapskate mallet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard863

Established Member
Reaction score
Mini mallet on the cheap. Found a chunk of granite with a hole in 2.3 meters underground thanks to our local building planners.
and a piece of fire wood.

Richard

mallet 2.jpg

So attachments dont like Safari use chrome

Attachments

• mallet 2.jpg
    mallet 2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1,409
I would be grateful if any Mac user could advise why uploading a attachment in what seems to be a simple operation is just not working?

Or detail the operation so I can see where I am going wrong.

My info on the file says JPEG image 164KB dimensions 576x 768 pixels which is within the parameters of the site info for uploading.

In the past i have PM'd the Mods but no info from that direction.

Thanks in advance
Richard

Hi Richard, there are "sticky" posts at the top of one or more of the forum boards that explain how to post pics. I think you have to link to an offsite hosting service such as photobucket rather than upload to the forum, which may be your problem ?

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul

Thank you for the pointer. What I can't get my head around is some contributors can send attachments of the correct size without the use of say photobucket and straight from their computer.

I can on a sister site with no problems. Its the fact that my login expires as soon as the up load curser stops and I have to login again.

Richard

Mac user and I can upload pics fine.
What browser are you using? a clearout of the cache and cookies for the forum may solve it. If it's more complicated than that then I have no idea.

@Richard
I've noticed that when uploading (safari / macbook retina) when you hit "add file" a full screen image of 'image uploading' briefly appears while it uploads the file. Do you have anything to stop pop up windows running / set??

Hi Higon

Thanks for the info. I had spell a few months back when I tried to log on my sign in data was rejected and wanted me to register again.
I never tried a attachment prior to that. Yes I did get the upload data cursor flash momentarily and at the same time I was logged out, so was the post didn't exist.
But now everything is working fine :) :? Gremlins?
Richard

That sounds far too familiar! With Mavericks I had a very similar problem with the app store that necessitated a trip back to the apple store, a reload and upgrade of the OS fixed that.

Richard863":22bp1dg6 said:
Hi Paul

Thank you for the pointer. What I can't get my head around is some contributors can send attachments of the correct size without the use of say photobucket and straight from their computer.

I can on a sister site with no problems. Its the fact that my login expires as soon as the up load curser stops and I have to login again.

Richard

After a similar issue I DL a free program called "photo resizer" it's a very simple program, you just drag a photo over the icon and it runs a quick batch file to reduce the picture file size so its more in line with most forum posting limits. There's probably a mac version too.

(@chrispy - its not a stone age file, it's a mallet :))

Back