Cheap small Karcher vac at B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu_2

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Morning All

Got an email from B&Q stating this Karcheris only £39, in store price only, so showing as £49 on the web. Looking at the mail it seems the offer ends today, so probably worth calling before travelling.

No PTO, but a pretty decent little shop vac for under £40, I would have thought.

Cheers
Stu

Just had a look online, you can't even check local stock as they have disabled it with this item.

It's not very good. The filter gets clogged really quickly, I use it for my plunge saw (the nozzle fits perfectly) and my router table. I have to open it up and bang out the filter every couple of minutes. And it topples over easily. As soon as it's fallen over the filter is clogged. Don't bother with it.

I've just bought a wet and dry vac from Screw Fix. I need the wet side for a specific job and it worked very well, just used it in the shop, it's a bit noisy but it wasn't on for long.
It's a Titan 16 litre and cost £34.00, 2 tear warranty, if it last a year its well worth the money.

Bought an Earlex wet and dry from Tesco direct last year for £40 - bought online, collected from local store and it has been faultless.
Never heard of the brand before but it shows up in places like Tesco, Argos and Ebay, etc.

The thing it bombproof, it was dropped from about 15ft -no sign of damage and carried on working.

Only draw back is that it topples (like so many do). You would think for the cost of a fifth castor, most manufacturers would avoid this.

shed9":2fb3cl7c said:
Bought an Earlex wet and dry from Tesco direct last year for £40 - bought online, collected from local store and it has been faultless.
Never heard of the brand before but it shows up in places like Tesco, Argos and Ebay, etc.

The thing it bombproof, it was dropped from about 15ft -no sign of damage and carried on working.

Only draw back is that it topples (like so many do). You would think for the cost of a fifth castor, most manufacturers would avoid this.

Earlex make a lot of spray equipment for the DIYer / semi pro markets :)

Latest posts

Back