Cheap powertool extractor at lidl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one and I am very happy with it :D

It is a little noisy but not to bad, plus for that price you can go wrong :wink:

Hmm, think I will be going for one of those. It even has a power tool point up to 2200Watt! Got to be worth it. :wink:

Our local lidls appears to bear no relation to the website, Ive never seen anything on the specials page actually in the store.
Mike

Colin,

Could you tell me please, what sort of filter does it have? is it a replaceable paper bag type or a washable foam type?

Am I right in assuming that if you plug an appliance into the socket on the machine that the vacuum starts up when you start to use the appliance? Obvious question I know but to assume can make an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me':)

Cheers,
John.

Project88":1iqzpu5d said:
Colin,

Could you tell me please, what sort of filter does it have? is it a replaceable paper bag type or a washable foam type?

Am I right in assuming that if you plug an appliance into the socket on the machine that the vacuum starts up when you start to use the appliance? Obvious question I know but to assume can make an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me':)

Cheers,
John.

Hi John,

It has a washable pleated filter so it will last a long time :D and you are right able being able to plug your tools in pllus it has about an 8 second run on after you stop :)

Colin could you tell me what socket it has for the power tools? I got the flyer today and it looks like an 110 Volt type? :?

mailee":343k6f66 said:
Colin could you tell me what socket it has for the power tools? I got the flyer today and it looks like an 110 Volt type? :?

Mailee

Mine has a standard plug socket :)

mailee,

Colin could you tell me what socket it has for the power tools? I got the flyer today and it looks like an 110 Volt type?

It takes the normal 3 pin 240volts type.

I have had one of these since the first time they were on0 sale a couple of years ago, and for the price it is very good. The first one I had overheated a lot, but as long as you empty the saw dust regularly this is not a problem.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks guys that is what I wanted to know. Yes it was the cover I was looking at Colin you are correct, it looks just like the cover on the 110 Volt sockets doesn't it? I shall pop in on Saturday morning as ours usually have the offer items in a little earlier than the flyers state for some reason?

mr":q5efo1nm said:
Our local lidls appears to bear no relation to the website, Ive never seen anything on the specials page actually in the store.
Mike
Mike,
If the store is a busy one then the specials can sell out an hour after they open.:x I have seen their offers being resold on ebay. :shock:

Well I bought one of the Lidl vacuum cleaners and it is great. Only problem is that the power take off for power tools is rated at 1,400Watts and not 2,200 Watts as described on their website! I had intended to use it with my router but that is 2000 Watts! looks like I will just have to use it for the smaller router instead. :cry:

Mailee,

I have used mine with my Trend router which is 2000 watts with no problem :D but if it does have a case to take it back :wink:

I went along to Lidl today intending to buy the vacuum. But on the box it said the maximum power tool rating was 1400W, which is not much use these days, so I didn't buy it. Very disappointing :cry:

Paul

Paul

I think there is no problem as on the website it says 2200 watts and I have used my Trend with is 2000 watts with no problem.

So I am not sure what is going on but I have been very happy with it :)

:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I'm not very good with electrical things so find this stuff very confusing. Perhaps someone out there who understands can explain what it is that determines what size power tools can be used with a vacuum cleaner with an automatic switching on and off function :wink:

Cheers

Paul

Paul

I think the 1400 watts is for the hover and not for what tool you can put in it but I could be wrong :? :roll:

Both tools are running from the same 13A plug. This can supply 13Ax230V=2990 Watts. If the vac is 1500W say, you have 2990-1500=1490 Watts left for the tool. Sometimes the wattage gets over rated by assuming the supply is 240V (it isn't) but th eabove gives a guideline. Going much over this with the tool will blow the plug fuse.

Only way over this is to use a 16A blue industrial plug/socket if the vac toolswitch is up to it. (probably isn't)

PS re the Lidl £35 vac, we got one of these 2 years back. It has a very narrow hose, and we rigged up something better. It has a bypass motor (not cooled by the air sucked up the pipe so copes with blockages) but not very strong suction - ours did not like 3m of powertool vac hose on it - OK for sanding, not enough suction on a router, we thought.

Ivan
I am not saying you are wrong but I have used mine with my 2000 watt Trend router with on problems, plus I will have to look at the Trend hover to see what watt that is :-k :)

Back