Cheap non-slip router matting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shipbadger

Established Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a shopping trip to my local Nisa supermarket, Tuffins in my case. I always look on the 'everything £1' shelf to see if there is anything I can make use of, but friends say it's because I'm a skinflint. Lurking there today I came across packs of four 30x40cm placemats. No not with robins, snowflakes or santa's but made of the usual rubbery stuff that the non-slip mats for routing and sanding are made from. If you haven't one in the drawer or want more could be a cheap source.

Incidentally my original one some years ago came with a 'help the aged' label and was described as a shelf liner. It also cost £1 and came from The Original Factory Shop but when I went back for more the had sold out and I was told it had been a one off purchase by them.

Tony Comber

It's surprising how much these have come down in price. I bought a couple when I was in Canada many years ago as they were a lot cheaper there at the time.

Back