Cheap Dewalt DW703

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Sayers

Established Member
Reaction score
FYI

Above saws for sale on ebay for £119.00 - good deal, good saw?

I would be interested in buying - any advice?

Seems ok for the money. I have a 718 and like it but others on the forum don't like Dewalt. What else is there about for the same money?

I would suggest only lower quality brands or sheds own makes.

Any Dewalt saw at that price must be worth a look,even though i am one of the ones who isn't a big fan of Dewalt.

You are both thinking what I am.

BTW - does anyone use one, does it have soft start and blade braking?

I bought a DW703 last year from B&Q, cost £169 and I thought that was a good price. The saw is well made and fully adjustable to get it cutting spot-on, although mine was pretty close right out of the box. The only downside with these saws, apart from the 24t blade, is that all the workholding clamps, side work supports etc are optional extras and not particularly cheap. With a 60t blade installed I get very clean, square cuts. £119 is a steal compared to what else you can get for the money...go for it.

ps. if you were daft enough to shop at Amazonfor tools you would pay £387.95, marked down from £611 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Funnily enough I saw the Amazon "offer" :shock:

I have purchased and will see what comes, fingers crossed; but I don't foresee any problems

Will keep you posted.

Talking of dear.Paslode nail gun in B&Q,a steal at £600.Saw them in the builders merchant today for £350.Is anyone daft enough to buy one fromB&Q,wonder if they ever sell any?

I'm tempted by that Dewalt saw now.Doesn't hurt to have two SCMS's does it?

Some one tell me it's ok to buy another saw.

Cheers,don't mind if i do.Keep telling myself i don't need any more gear but................................................

Is there a toolbuyers anonymous?

Les Sayers":2l25nh70 said:
You are both thinking what I am.

BTW - does anyone use one, does it have soft start and blade braking?

Hi Les

I use one as my day to day mitre saw. Great little saw. Good capacities (for a non-slider). No soft start i'm afraid - and it really does kick in with a jolt. Blade brake - yes. Compulsory afaik.

I also bought a Wolfcraft Mitre Saw stand to go with it - wish i'd forked out on the DW stand. Think you can get them for around £120 off the bay.

HTH.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks for all the replies.

Pity about the soft start, but, at the money, I'll live with it. Happy with the brake though.

BTW - It is OK to buy another saw (just don't tell SWMBO)

Arrived this morning - played a bit and "tweaked" the settings.

Seems to be accurate, but the 24 tooth blade will find a home in the tablesaw. Not overly loud either.

60 tooth Freud Pro now installed and cuts coving and pelmet etc. just as good as anything else I have tried.

Well pleased

Back