• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cheap Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great spot. I got 7 at my local Wickes store in Chesterfield, cleaned out their stock. @£3 a clamp you cant go wrong and it means I can now get some better quality parallel jaw clamps for my workshop.

Eclipse Heavy duty Parallel Jaws clamp? Anyone recommend?

Jackie

I picked up three from the Newmarket store, left two on the shelves. Interesting construction with both jaws are moving up and down on the bar, haven't seen it before. I think the weakest point will be the top clamp head (?) because of the adjustable nature: worst case scenario I just replace the head with something else. They also rated for 150kg clamping force so that's not too bad.
its so you can reverse it (the head of the clamp) to use as a spreader clamp / exert outward clamping force

also in situations where the moving head is slimmer and can sometimes fit inbetween two work surfaces where the end with the trigger can't

edit at least I think that's why lol - haven't had any fail yet aside from the rubbish B&Spew ones which cost a bomb when i was first getting into all this woodworking. They failed within a week. These ones are much better built it seems

yes be nice to start a clamp thread for this kinda thing,I'm always up for learning different clamps and what makes a good one etc.

Nice one, thanks for that. If anyone else is going to purchase use voucher code BACKUPEASTER25 for a discount, I basically got delivery free on 8 clamps. On that note I've started using the microsoft edge browser and it automatically searches for discount codes, every now and then it finds one that works.
Thanks for this, this discount code works on the entire store, any product - 25% off the full order.

Back