Charwood W715 10'' Woodworking Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GG27

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had any problems with this type of Bandsaw jamming or stopping even when cutting light pieces of wood. My saw is only two years old and has started to do this lately.. Any comments would be very welcome.....

Thanks...

Thanks for the reply, Yes it is tight, had a closer look today and there is a bit of slip from behind the bottom wheel. was wondering if it might be to do with the pulley attached to the bottom wheel. I cant see how it looks without removing the wheel itself... Was trying to get some more insight before I shart pully the thing apart......

Hi, you may need to check and eliminate a few things to see what is causing the problem.

As wide47 said check your drive belt tension is correct.

1. First, Run the motor without a load (not cutting wood) to see if the bandsaw stops or jams without a load.

2. Check to see if the motor is overheating.

3. Check the blade to see if it is in good condition and has the correct set on all teeth.

4. Check to see that the blade guides (above and below the table) are not binding on the blade.

5. Check the tension of the blade is correct. Use light pressure on the side of the blade with a finger (first ensure the guides are set well off the blade) light pressure should give about 3-4mm side play.

6. There are other steps which include testing the free movement of the band wheels with the blade and belt drive removed but only do these if the other steps do not indicate the problem.

The above would be the checks I would make but others may feel differently.

Mark

Back