Charnwood Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecoder

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own or use the tablesaws from Charnwood and if so what are your thoughts please guys

hello, if got a charnwood w619 and it a good table saw the only problem is in the video it showes that the extenstion table comes of and its easy but i have found it not its got t track on it and you have to line the bolts up and try and hold it at the same time its a bit of a pig but i have the space to have it set up all the time i have had mine about five mouths and bean cut oak on it and it fine if you do get one i wood change the blade the best and cheapest place to get it is poolewood machinery at £356.50 £427.80 including vat .

Coder
I realise that it is in a different price bracket, but I think you should look at the Excalibur. It is ten times the machine, especially as the new ones are CE rated with left tilt and switch on the left, too.
The thing is, if you continue to work wood, you will want to upgrade at some point. With the Ex, you will never need to.
No I'm not on commission, but I bought an entry-level machine first. It was OK but only OK.
Even if you decide not to buy it, it will show you what the difference in build quality between an entry-level saw like the Charnwood (which I admit I've never used, but have seen other machines in their range) and a trade machine like the Excalibur.

Steve Maskery":2hl2ezf3 said:
Coder
I realise that it is in a different price bracket, but I think you should look at the Excalibur. It is ten times the machine, especially as the new ones are CE rated with left tilt and switch on the left, too.
The thing is, if you continue to work wood, you will want to upgrade at some point. With the Ex, you will never need to.
No I'm not on commission, but I bought an entry-level machine first. It was OK but only OK.
Even if you decide not to buy it, it will show you what the difference in build quality between an entry-level saw like the Charnwood (which I admit I've never used, but have seen other machines in their range) and a trade machine like the Excalibur.

Thanks for the heads up im looking at various saws too

Steve Maskery":2djximbt said:
Hey, how many Pontefractions are we dealing with here?!!!!
:)
S

Aparently 2 Steve , Problem now sorted and buttocks kicked. The 2nd pontefraction Is no longer that.

Just googled Excalibur for some more info and it appears to be Canadian is that correct ?

Who imports them or am i missing the point i.e. wrong manufacturer lol

Steve can you give further details please

or is it Xcalibur ?

Dave

No. They are imported and sold in the UK by Roy Arrowsmith at Woodford. ***********************. There is a little video of the new machine (no I didn't produce it! :) ) although I can't find the new machine on his website. It appears to be a little in flux at the mo.
S

Latest posts

Back