Charnwood or Record

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roskrow

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a new table saw.
My thinking is down to either the Charnwood 650 or the Record TS250. I have been given conflicting views as to which is the better. Way back Record used to make great tools, but all I have seen recently is that their standards have dropped.
Anyone out there who can advise me.....many thanks

I have the Record TS250-RS (presume if you are looking at the Charnwood 650 it's the TS250C you are after, which as far as I can tell is the same saw with a smaller cross-cut beam). I like the saw, it's mostly well made. There are a few things that irk me about the design, but the core saw is solid. It's things like the T-slot fasteners and sliding beam adjustments that I find a pain. Vs that specific saw, I'd say the Record is comparable - make your choice on if you want a more conventional saw (Charnwood) or the sliding beam (Record) - each have their merits. If I were to buy again, I would probably get the same saw for my needs. If I had more space, I'd get a heavier machine from Axminster as these seem like a more solid machine and no more money.

Back