Chainsaw Sharpening Part 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gitface

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Thought I'd update you all with my quest to sharpen my chainsaw blade.

After taking in the information from the last thread I got my self one of the jigs.

Looking over the instruction for the jig and the ones that came with the saw, everything clicked into place and I set about putting the file in the jig.

This is were I had the first problem, the supplied file that came with my saw is a short one so the supplied handle from the jig kit would not fit. A small issue but not deal breaker.

Looking over the angles I set the jig to the right positions and started to mount it on the bar. After a bit of fiddling I got the jig on the bar and set up. Marking the start tooth I proceeded to sharpen, rotating the blade round and moving to the stop. The procedure went smoothly and I soon had one side done. A quick change of angle and I was away with the other side.

All in all I'm impressed with the jig and after a few uses reckon sharpening the balde will be a few minutes job.

Cheers.......

Mark.............

Glad you got it sorted Mark :D
Let us know how you get on with the sawing.
Edit-:
I recently bought one of the bar clamps Mark and it is a lot better when sharpening.

Back