CHAINSAW LATHE... what a great idea...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
either that video's faked or that chainsaw is incredibly blunt - mine would have pulled itself into the wood and cut the column in half well before the end of the video

he'd be better off with a power file or a sander - or for that matter just carving it by hand

its not fake. he has other videos showing it, check them out its pretty interesting seeing the inventions of an silly person

big soft moose":3qgyx2se said:
either that video's faked or that chainsaw is incredibly blunt - mine would have pulled itself into the wood and cut the column in half well before the end of the video

he'd be better off with a power file or a sander - or for that matter just carving it by hand

I guess it did not dig itself into the column because the chainsaw was also spinning the column round, so the relative speed of the chain against the wood was a lot lower (which also explains why he spent 5 minutes sawing at the column to no noticeable effect)

if you watched later on in the video he shows an improvement he made, he put a bit of spring steel springing down onto the wood so it doesnt spin at as fast as the chainsaw so it chews up the wood faster

I keep asking myself 'why?' (hammer)

And the bucket of water speed control - variable with the amount of water - and sandpaper under the 'braking' arm so you can sand the work at the same time??

As Homer woudl say "D'Oh!" (homer)

Back