cd/dvd writer trouble asking help again.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in trouble again, everytime I place a blank CD into my write drive my PC (XP2home) goes black and shuts down and reboots on its own, it then wants to do a hard drive scan (which I cancel) I eventually get to a windows opening ( do see a message telling me the system has recovered from a serious error)

My copy software also creates a shut down after this if I then request copy.. However instead of copying in the normal fashion I go to Windows Explorer and drag the folders from my E drive to my D drive(writing drive) and I get a working copy.

However can anyone tell me what is going wrong and the cure, without visiting the bank account!

That's playing up again as well,

So going to ask my neighbour to do some copying for me.

Dont want to crash out the computer during the next 10 days,

So thanks all.

Problem now solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashore
As Al said remove the drive and re-install, another fix you can also try is to have a programe disk in the drive when you turn your computer on , encarta , printshop or something like that , the computer may then recognize the drive as it boots up, I had to do this with a drive that was on its way out until I could replace it.

Rgds

THANKS ASHORE.
That worked, although I had to make a quick move getting the disk in before shut down!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back