Carlos Osorio

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's neem around for a while. Ridiculous IMO. If the bloke is so much of a feckin silly person that he did what he did, and it sounds like he wasn't properly trained in the usage and safety (although I haven't been either, and I can still see clearly what damage my TS could do) then liability should be split between him and his employer, not Ryobi.

At the end of the day, the saw did exactly what it is supposed to, spin a big metal blade, quickly. If he takes the guarding off how the f@ck is that Ryobi's fault?

I say we keep allowing these kind of idiots to use as many power tools as they can, simultaneously. That will soon clean up the gene pool...

:D

OK, the bloke is just one silly person among very many.

What I find disturbing is a legal system that can come up with that kind of decision and follow it with a stupendously ill-considered award!

If that happens here we are doomed for sure!

Cheers,

SF

Indeed, they awarded him 1.5M when he was only after 250K and after they'd decided he was 35% to blame with Ryobi being 65%

Is this what you call a coin toss justice system?

What a complete silly person, totaly the wrong outcome, should have been put away for incompetence.

Shadowfax":2bonvde5 said:
OK, the bloke is just one silly person among very many.

What I find disturbing is a legal system that can come up with that kind of decision and follow it with a stupendously ill-considered award!

If that happens here we are doomed for sure!

Cheers,

SF

have a look at these then - http://www.stellaawards.com/

The other problem is, will saw manufacturers look at fitting the saw-stop as a standard safety measure, just as a ssafeguard for themselves? Thus increasing the price of table-saws yet again.

With a nod to ironballs, It make you wonder what gene-pool the judge was from! :wink:

John

Latest posts

Back